Friday, August 23, 2013

Whoops!

I've been very eager to explore sponsorship in World Vision, as I know there are many, many people who choose to sponsor with Compassion as well as World Vision.  Both organizations are legit and doing important work.  But, because they work a bit differently, I was curious to explore the differences myself.  At first, I told myself that in January, I'd just check out World Vision and see if the next child I wanted to sponsor would be through there.
However, I made the "mistake" (really, no mistake at all) of researching World Vision and ended up sponsoring Alphonsine, a 3 year old from Rwanda who is living with her Grandmother.  I clicked to sponsor her, put in all of the information, submit it, and it wasn't until I was clicking through the "my world vision" section that I realized Alphonsine and I share the same birthday!  Yes, I think Alphonsine was no accident!

Meet Alphonsine, who will turn FOUR on my birthday this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment