Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Packages to World Vision kids ready to go!


I have to admit that one of the things that drew me to World Vision sponsorship is that we could send our sponsored children small packages.  I like the idea of being able to send more than just paper items that can total 1/4" thick (Compassion's rule), although I can see how this could easily get out of hand and ultra expensive :-).  Compassion's rule keeps me in check, lol.
So, this morning, after I drop my 2 older kids off at soccer camp, the little guy and I will be heading to the post office to drop these packages in the mail to Alphonsine and Willy.
They are filled with coloring books, stickers, noah's ark sticker scenes, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, a pack of 2 new toothbrushes, a short note (wasn't sure if I should send a note in the package or not), and a picture of my kids from late 2012.  
I blurred out Alphonsine's child ID number and the address for World Vision Rwanda as I am not sure on the rules yet for World Vision, so I figured better safe than sorry.
Update: the price was $14 and change for each package to go first class to Rwanda.  Not cheap, but not outrageous, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment