Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am that annoying Compassion sponsor

Compassion sponsorship is relatively new to me, thus, everything Compassion related is new, shiny, novel, exciting, and very moving!
So, right now, I am that annoying Compassion sponsor to my friends and family.  I talk about it a lot, I research it more and more (because when you're a new sponsor, there is always something new and exciting to read, new knowledge to obtain, etc), and I do my best convincing to get others to sponsor a Compassion child.
So far, I have one friend sponsoring :-)
I am still amazed and speechless when I see the smiling faces of children who are clearly ecstatic to be receiving pictures and letters from their sponsors.

Check out these beautiful smiling faces:
http://blog.compassion.com/most-prized-possession/

Just, wow.

And, even though I've seen the youtube of Jimmy Wambua meeting his sponsor, I still tear up when reading someone else's account of seeing that first hand.

Being a Compassion sponsor can become overwhelming for a person like me, who has a great desire to help others.  I do a decent job of helping in my community (volunteering, dropping quality foods off at the food pantry, fostering young children who need a place to stay, etc), but until Compassion, I did not know a way to reach out further, and help children who are continents away.  So, right away, I want to sponsor more and more children.  It's difficult not be infected with this enthusiasm for the good Compassion brings to these children.
So I figure, in the meantime, while I am still getting my feet wet sponsoring my 3 little ones from East India, I can encourage others to sponsor just 1 or 2 children through a Compassion project.

Think about it.  It's really only $38 each month.  To many of us, that is nothing at all--barely noticeable in our budgets.  But sponsorship, along with regular correspondence, can change a child's life.

http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment