Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Look at these neat booklets!

It's sometimes confusing, and sometimes fun to see the changes that have occurred at Compassion since I last sponsored back in 2010.
One of the changes that I love is the addition of these booklets

This is now the child sponsorship packet, and I think it's a great improvement.  Instead of having a couple sheets of paper, I now have a booklet for each child, with their personal information and picture included in it.  Additionally, the booklet included kind of a form letter to send to my child, information about their regions, and countries, and letter writing tips as well as prayer tips.  There is a small list of FAQs at the back of the booklet.  I love that it stays together, all in one spot for each child.  The booklets also included card stock pictures of each child that I tore out and hung up on my fridge in anticipation of future letters :-)

I have the form letters from each of these booklets filled out (and I added a special note with each), and they're just waiting for my sticker order to arrive so I can include some stickers.  Once the stickers arrive, I'll be sending my 2nd letters off to each child.

I also donated to the Christmas Gift Program already, as we had the extra money this month, and I wasn't sure when the cutoff would be (I think as early as October?).  I wasn't sure what the recommended donation was, so I guessed $20 per sponsored child.  I'm sure I'll have a better handle on things next year, and I won't have to guess at an amount!



No comments:

Post a Comment