Thursday, August 29, 2013

BIG SURPRISE

I just recently posted abut how I expected the wait for my first letter to be relatively long, so you can imagine my surprise when, on Monday, TWO letters from my Compassion sponsored children arrived in the mail!
The first one was from Nayan, and here is the back of it.  The project worker wrote the letter, and he wrote the English alphabet for me!  Pretty good penmanship for a boy, lol.

On the other side of this letter, I found out the names and ages of his parents, and that he has a younger brother, Sayan, who is 1 year old.  Nayan's favorite color is orange, his favorite game is football, and his favorite good is rice and egg curry.  There was also a map to show which state he lives in (West Bengal).

Because of how quickly this letter arrived, I suspect it was first written when Nayan was registered with the project, and kept on file to be sent when word came that he had a sponsor.  But, even knowing that, it is special to receive a letter so soon!  That makes me hopeful that my first letter has already reached Nayan, or could be reaching him soon this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment