Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Their only sponsor

I've been thinking recently, about how many children are actually sponsored all the way through their graduation from Compassion.  So many things can happen-- sponsors can come and go, children may leave their project for a multitude of reasons, projects sometimes even close.  How wonderful would it be to have the opportunity to become a child's sponsor as their very first sponsor in the Compassion program, and continue to sponsor that child through their graduation.  Maybe even be their sponsor in the leadership development program should they get in?  That would be so special!
So, I emailed Compassion to find out if my children had ever had a previous sponsor, and got a very quick response that I am, in fact, all 3 of my childrens' first sponsor!
It sort of gives me another sense of connection with my Compassion kids-- these 3 are my first Compassion kids and I am their first sponsor!  Somehow, that makes it more real for me, and makes me even more committed to sponsoring my children as long as they are involved with Compassion.  It would be a dream if one of my Compassion kids got into the leadership development program!

No comments:

Post a Comment