Thursday, September 5, 2013

More letters on the way!

Today I mailed each of my Compassion kids their 3rd letters!  I have been doing pretty well on the every 2 weeks writing schedule for all 5 of my sponsored children.  This week's mailing includes a letter (of course), 4 mini coloring books for each child, and a recent picture of my kids on C's birthday.  Of course it helps my motivation tremendously that I've already received letters from Archita and Nayan.
This week, my kids are starting back to school, and it's also made me think about how easy it is in this country to get a decent education. We fuss about finding a nice home in a good school district without even thinking about how the absolute worst school district we could find is still better than much of what these kids in developing countries are getting as far as education is concerned.  We take for granted that our kids will have access to toilets and clean water at school.
It's very interesting to me how much Compassion and World Vision have helped me put into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment