Friday, September 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Nayan and M!


Happy, happy birthday, to Nayan, and my first born, M!  Nayan and M are both 5 years old today!
Sponsoring a child with the same birthday as my daughter also makes me think a lot about the advantages she has, simply because of where she was born.  M has never known hunger, has never worried about being able to go to school, or have enough clothing, toys, etc.  She's always known a safe, warm, dry home.  She's been to Disney World, she's been to the beach, and heck, she's even been out of the country and on an airplane already!  School is a given--we don't know people who have to choose between feeding their families and paying tuition for school/buying school supplies/uniforms.
Both Nayan and M love to draw and paint, and both are pretty good artists who have wonderful penmanship (for newly turned 5 year olds!).
I started sponsoring Nayan in the beginning of August, and immediately sent a birthday gift of $30 to him with my initial sponsorship.  I figure it will get there after his birthday has already passed, but at least he will know I was thinking of him and his birthday from the start.
I hope that the next picture I receive of Nayan will show a bright and happy smile on that handsome face!

No comments:

Post a Comment