Thursday, July 3, 2014

Changes, changes!

Well, I made the decision to release my 4 correspondent kids through Compassion.  It honestly was not making any sense for me to keep them.  I wasn't hearing from them, and I dreaded writing to them.  There was no relationship there, not even with the 2 I had since September.
So what this means is that now I have 4 fewer kids to write to, so if I want to pick up more sponsorships, I can do so without worrying about how many kids I am writing to.

Also, I received the news that Plant a Book is shutting down its sponsorship program, and transferring all sponsorships to His Hands Support Ministries.  There are numerous reasons I don't support this.  The person put in charge of the sponsorship program has a horrible history with running sponsorship programs, and the new organization that graciously accepted the responsibility of taking over the sponsorship program seems way too large and spread too thin, as it is run strictly by volunteers.  It makes me nervous, and I can't send money to an organization that makes me nervous about the way they run things.  It's sad, as I really felt a connection to Elizabeth, and was starting to feel a connection to Naomi, my older girl.  Of course, that also means I will have to withdraw my participation in the group sponsorship of Reagan, a boy 4 of us were sponsoring through Plant a Book.

In other news, I have been hearing frequently from my 2 kids in East India through Compassion.  I am so pleased that their correspondence has picked up, I really feel as though I am getting to know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment