Monday, July 7, 2014

Rethinking cancelling my plant a book kids

I've been thinking a lot about my decision to cancel my Plant A Book kids (Elizabeth, Naomi, and Reagan) due to my nervousness about the changeover from Plant a Book to His Hands Support Ministries.  I really feel a connection to Elizabeth and Naomi, and the fees are not expensive.

Last night, I think I came to a partial decision.  There are only 6 more payments left in 2014.  So, for Elizabeth, since she is at the primary school, that would be $12.50*6, so $75.  Not a ton of money.  Now, Naomi is at the high school, so her sponsorship is $20 each month, so to finish out the year for Naomi would cost $120.  Not super expensive, either.  Reagan is part of a group sponsorship, and to finish his year out, would only cost another $12.50, which is nothing.
So I've kind of decided that I should finish out 2014 with these kids, and then, in December, make the decision based on how I feel the last 6 months of sponsorship went.  If I end up unhappy, I will have time to say goodbye to my kids and let them know what is going on, and it will have cost me $207.  I think I am willing to risk that money, even with the bad reviews that this woman has received on how she handled the sponsorship program years ago.
So, I'm heavily leaning toward that decision for now.  Unless I get other information that sways me to cancel, I will likely follow through with these sponsorships for the remainder of 2014, and then make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment