Monday, July 7, 2014

Awesome letter haul day!

Today, I received 3 letters in the mail!  That's pretty much the most letters I've ever received in one day.  You'd think, with as many children as I sponsor, that I'd have days where more letters have been received, but nope, 3 is the high.
Anyway, I received TWO letters from this cute, Ruerhene, my Children International child in the Philippines.
Both letters were written by her mother, Catherine.  The first thanked me for sponsoring Ruerhene, and gave me some general information about her.  She is in kindergarten at the local public elementary school, and she likes to sing and dance and play with Barbies.  The second letter thanked me for my letter, and commented on it, which was nice.  I often wonder if some of my other sponsored children even read the letters I write.  I'm excited that Ruerhene's mother is the one writing.  I get the best letters from Willy, my sponsored boy in Rwanda (through World Vision), and I suspect it is also because his mother writes the letters.  I'm looking forward to a great letter writing relationship with Ruerhene!

I also received one letter from this little guy, Yeferson, my Compassion child in Guatemala.
It was the "When I grow up" template.  Yeferson wants to be a doctor when he grows up to heal his mother.  So sweet!  He also had a cough, and needed to go to the hospital!  I will have to ask Compassion if everything is alright with his family.  I hope his mother's illness, and his illness are not serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment