Saturday, July 19, 2014

Letters from Kenya!

This week I received letters from my plant a book kids, who I guess I have to start calling my His Hands Support Ministries kids or my Galilee kids, etc.  HHSM is a mouthful!
Early in the week, I went ahead and set up my recurring sponsorship payments for my 2 girls, Elizabeth at Galilee Primary School, and Naomi at Waddington High School.  Once I got their letters, I was so happy that I decided to give HHSM a try.
Elizabeth wrote me 2 letters, and in one, she wrote "I love you so much, that I don't want to hear that you are hurt".  SO SWEET.
Naomi, who is 16, wrote me 5 full notebook pages!!  She also enclosed another page with a drawing and explanation of Kenya's flag.  I loved reading all of Naomi's writings.  She enjoys swimming, reading, and traveling, and hangs out with friends on her breaks from school.
I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone to sponsor an older student.  I already feel very connected to Naomi as I've gotten so much information from her letters.
I've written response letters to both girls so far, but I'm waiting to mail them out.  School is closed for a portion of August, so I want to wait until I know they will be there to receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment