Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wow, that was fast!


After less than a month of sponsoring Marina, from the DR Congo, I've already received her first letter!  In this letter, I discovered that her name is actually spelled Marine.  Her mother is a farmer, and she is in the 1st grade of primary school!  Her favorite subject is drawing, and she drew me a cute fish on her letter.
As has become my "custom" with my World Vision kids, I sent Marine and her family a $100 special gift after I received her first letter.
I really can't say enough about how impressed I've been so far with World Vision's correspondence.  I have 3 World Vision kids, and 6 Compassion kids.  In total, I've received 5 letters plus a bonus picture (not even a thank you for the gift picture, just a bonus pic for no reason) from World Vision, and 5 letters from Compassion.  Overall, World Vision's correspondence is blowing Compassion out of the water.  However, Compassion does have sponsor tours (which I am registered for), and a wonderful online community.  Both organizations are doing great things, but I have to admit, I love the great correspondence from WV!

No comments:

Post a Comment