Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Best Christmas Present!


Meet Yeferson, age 6, from Guatemala!  For a Christmas gift, I got to sponsor another child!  My children chose the country (Guatemala), and I chose the longest waiting child from Guatemala.  Yeferson had been waiting over 400 days for a sponsor.  I cannot believe how long this little guy has had to wait!  
I have already printed out my (now traditional) new sponsor card, which has a single picture of me, a picture of my husband and me, and a picture of my children and me, and a short, introductory letter to Yeferson.  So, that will get sent off with my "snow" themed mailing going out tomorrow to my kids!
Yeferson just turned 6 last month, and lives with both parents, who are not married.  Typical homes in his community are constructed of cement floors, mud walls, and tin roofs.  Average income in Yeferson's community is $38/month.  I can't wait to get to know him better!

1 comment:

  1. Congradulations!!

    What a great Christmas gift (for you and Yeferson :) )

    ReplyDelete