Saturday, November 9, 2013

How did this happen?


Somehow, watching a documentary about the prevalence of young girls being raped in Zimbabwe on the same night Hubby and I decided that we are probably done at 3 kids (we're really tired of diapers and wiping butts, lol), led to me sponsoring another little one.
Meet Marina, and she is sponsored through World Vision.  Marina lives in the Democratic Republic of Congo with her mother, 5 brothers, and 1 sister.  Marina is 4 years old.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if all of my sponsored children are some kind of filler for the fact that I always wanted to adopt internationally.  Hubby and I did end up adopting, but we ended up adopting through the U.S. foster care system, and since we're done at 3 kids, I highly doubt an international adoption will be in our future.  Even if, in a few years, we decided that a 4th child would be a good idea, international adoption is a long, windy road, especially these days.
So, it looks like I will just have to sponsor a lot of little ones instead.

2 comments:

  1. Let's try this again. It didn't seem to post the first time. I wanted to say that you inspired me to sponsor a girl from India through World Vision. It was the photos that you posted to Our compassion, and this entry here that did it. But I see that WV prohibits posting photos of the children on the internet. Did you read that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!! I find it very interesting to see the difference between Compassion and World Vision-- I enjoy sponsoring through both organizations. World Vision does not prohibit posting photos of all children on the internet, only kids from certain areas. If your child's photo cannot be posted online, there will be a notice under their picture on your world vision account. Under all 3 of my WV kids' pictures is an option to share via facebook, twitter, etc. I'm not sure which countries prohibit photo sharing, but I know they exist. :-)

    ReplyDelete