Monday, November 18, 2013

Another letter from Alphonsine!

I was so pleasantly surprised today to see another letter from Alphonsine in my pile of mail.  But, even better, there was a surprise picture of Alphonsine enclosed with the letter!  In the picture, Alphonsine is holding the very first letter I sent her (online through myworldvision).  
Alphonsine's favorite color is blue, and her favorite animal is a cow, for the milk!  
The volunteer also traced Alphonsine's hand for me, and I was surprised to see it's larger than my 5 year old's hand!  Alphonsine only just turned 4 in October.  She looked like a bigger kid in her official world vision photo, but I assumed it was the angle of the camera.  However, it looks like she is a pretty big 4 year old!
This letter was post-marked from Kigali, Rwanda on 11/11/13, and it arrived today, 11/18/13.  I am surprised at how quickly mail arrives from Rwanda, but I am assuming that the bulk of the travel time for a letter is from Alphonsine's community to the World Vision Rwanda office in Kigali.

No comments:

Post a Comment