Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meet John!

Meet John!  John is my newest sponsored child through Children International.  He is 6 1/2 years old and lives in the Philippines with his mom, dad, and 3 siblings.  John is from the Tabaco community, which seems very different from Quezon City (where my Ruerhene is from), and I am excited to learn more about both communities, as I have high hopes for visiting the Philippines in the future.  
His family cooks over an open fire, and their roof is made out of palm leaves.  Electricity is available in his community, but his family cannot afford it, as their monthly income is only $34 (very low for that area).  Their water source is a community well, so no running water in the home, either, but I am thankful that there is a community well.

No comments:

Post a Comment