Sunday, August 24, 2014

A year into sponsorship with World Vision

I am one year into sponsorship with World Vision, as I started sponsoring Willy and Alphonsine on August 22, 2013.
Overall, I've been pleased with World Vision.  Right now, there seems to be a letter drought, but I have confidence letters will pick up because of how consistent letters were back at the beginning of my sponsorship.
Willy, who is now 4 years old, has been my very best letter writer, across all organizations.  Over the past year, I have received 9 letters from him, and 2 extra photos.  I also have received his updated yearly photo.
Alphonsine is actually my next best letter writer, and I received 7 letters from her, along with SEVEN extra photos!!  I love how many photos I receive from her ADP.  It's awesome to see her with my letters, see her at school, and of course, with the items she and her Grandmother purchased with money I've sent.
Marina, who I have been sponsoring for 9 months, has sent me 5 letters, and I've also received her yearly updated photo and another photo, and 1 extra photo of her with gifts purchased with money I've sent.  Marina's letters are pretty short, and often say the same thing over and over again, but I am hoping they will become more personal as time passes.
I am still awaiting first letters from Saw Ler and Fedila, as I just started sponsoring them in June of this year.

I've really been enjoying my sponsorships with World Vision.  I believe in the work they are doing, and have confidence that they are making communities better.  Even with the recent slow down in letters, I am still receiving more letters than I was while sponsoring through Compassion, so I can't really complain.  I don't send packages directly to the children that often (about 1-2/year for each child), but I LOVE that it's an option for me.
I also like that World Vision sends me cards throughout the year to sign and send to my sponsored children.  It's a nice extra, and helps when I am feeling like I have nothing to write to my child--I still know they will be receiving something from me.
While I don't plan on adding anymore World Vision children right now (I'm happily exploring other organizations), I am still very pleased with them, and I would not be opposed to adding new WV kids in the future.  I am looking forward to having long term sponsorships with my 5 WV kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment