Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Just heard back from my gift to Ruerhene!

I've been SO pleased with Children International.  Much like World Vision, the time to hear back after you give a monetary gift to your sponsored child is very reasonable!
I sent Ruerhene and her family a monetary gift on July 7, and as of yesterday, August 25, I had a thank you note written by Ruerhene's Grandmother, 3 pictures, and a full typed report of what was purchased, along with the project worker's notes about the family's reaction.  So far, this has been the most detailed and complete report/thank you I've received from any sponsorship organization.
Here is my super cute Ruerhene along with all of the items purchased with my gift to her:



The official report let me know that Ruerhene and her family were able to purchase the following:
  • 8 blouse/shorts/underwear for Ruerhene
  • 1 pair of shoes for Ruerhene
  • 1 bag for Ruerhene
  • 2 slippers for family members (I am assuming those are the flip flops)
  • 38 assorted food supplies
  • 12 hygiene and laundry items
  • 2 transportation
This is a community where 85% of a family's average monthly income is typically spent on food.  Food prices continue to rise, but incomes remain low.  Add to that, the monthly income for Ruerhene's family is much lower than the average for the community.  So, I was very pleased that they were able to purchase so much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment