Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Meet Vincent!


Meet my newest sponsored child, Vincent.  Vincent has just turned 5 years old, and is from a new center in Togo where the average monthly income is just $10, and the community needs electricity, potable water, health centers, schools, and vocational training centers.  Vincent is not yet in school due to his young age.
I periodically look through the sponsor a child pages on Compassion's website, and most of the time, I just want someone else to sponsor a certain child, or I pray that kids who have been waiting a long time get a sponsor soon, etc.  However, with Vincent, I immediately knew I wanted to be his sponsor.  He'd been waiting almost a full year for a sponsor when I clicked the button to sponsor him, and I could not say no to that face.  So, Vincent is mine.  I sent him a birthday gift the day before his birthday, so it will arrive late, but Vincent will know his sponsor was thinking of him on his birthday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment