Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dropping a Compassion child

After a lot of praying and thinking, I've decided to discontinue my sponsorship of Sabnam, my little one from East India.
I've sponsored her for 9 months, and have not received even one letter that she's had any input into written during these 9 months.  Just the generic first letter written months before I sponsored her, and a listing of what she bought with birthday gift money written by the project director.
I have an inquiry out on her that I fought with Compassion to get placed because of the lack of letters and lack of information, but I'm not going to wait to hear the result.  I suspect she is no longer attending the project, as I'm sure the project has written some form letters during the past 9 months that got sent to sponsors.

I am sad, and frustrated with Compassion overall.  I'm frustrated that they're not keeping their word about sponsors hearing from their kids every 2ish months.  I'm sad that there could be a little girl who is going to lose a sponsor because her project can't get it together and Compassion isn't willing to enforce its rules.  I'm perturbed that the customer service reps at Compassion argue with me every time I request an inquiry on a child.

I know Compassion is doing great things, but so are many other organizations that don't have all of these problems with correspondence and customer service.  And, yes, the fact that Compassion doesn't seem interested in keeping their word does make me question the integrity of their organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment