Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another Compassion inquiry

Today, I sent off another Compassion inquiry for a gift I sent to my Vincent in Togo in September.  It was a birthday gift, sent on 9/28/13, and I have heard nothing back from him.
This means that every single gift that I've sent so far to my Compassion kids has needed an inquiry to get an acknowledgement from the kids (or, in one case, from the project worker, ugh).  I even waited beyond 6 months this time (5 days short of 7 months), as other sponsors have said that they sent the inquiry at 6 months, and then 2 weeks later, the original thank you note arrived, and then 2 months later, ANOTHER thank you note resulting from the inquiry arrived.

It's disappointing.  The entire correspondence part of my Compassion sponsorships is disappointing.
In addition to the inquiry about Vincent's birthday gift, I realized while checking my records, that I've received 1 letter from Vincent in 7 months of sponsorship.  I know sponsors say that the first 6 months of a sponsorship are the most difficult, as letter writing hasn't developed into a pattern, but because it hasn't been the case with World Vision, the lack of letters from my Compassion kids has left a sour taste in my mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment