Friday, February 7, 2014

1st letter from Yeferson


I also received my very first letter from Yeferson this week!  This was the "getting to know me" template from Compassion Guatemala, and it included a picture of Yeferson working on the letter!  I'm excited, as this may mean that I will receive additional pictures throughout Yeferson's sponsorship.
The letter included a fingerprint, and he colored in the state that he lives in.  Not much other information, but I am assuming this letter was written when he was registered in Compassion's program, so I am hopeful that future letters will include more information.  I know this little guy was waiting a VERY long time for a sponsor.
Because Guatemala is a cheaper sponsor tour, I am hoping that I might be able to go on the next Guatemala trip offered, even if it's in the same year as the next East India trip.  Then (fingers crossed that Yeferson will still be in the program 5+ years from now), I would love to take my kids when they are old enough to accompany us on a sponsor tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment