Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Gift Thank you!


Today, I received my first thank you note with picture for any of the gifts I've sent so far to all of my sponsored children!  Ironically, it was one of the most recent gifts I've sent.  In the beginning of December, I sent a $100 special gift to Marina in the DR Congo, and I received her thank you today!
With that money, Marina purchased a new outfit, which I assume she is wearing, a doll, a mattress (she was just sleeping on a mat before), a 15 kg bag of rice, and a sack of fufie (not sure what that is).  
I haven't heard anything from the 2 birthday money gifts I sent through Compassion in August, nothing for the one I sent in September, and nothing about the 2 special gifts I sent to my Rwandan World Vision kids in the beginning of November.
I probably shouldn't be surprised, because Marina's letter arrived more quickly than everyone else's, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment