Thursday, January 30, 2014

Busy, busy!

It's been terribly busy at our house since my hubby broke his ankle.  Letters have been coming in from my WV kids, but sadly, I haven't received much from my Compassion kids.

Here is a breakdown of kids by organization, country, date of sponsorship (can't really fault Yeferson for not writing yet since I just started sponsoring him a month ago!), and how many letters I've received to date from each of them.


  • Nayan, Compassion East India, sponsored since 8/7/13.  2 letters received
  • Archita, Compassion East India, sponsored 8/7/13.  1 letter received
  • Sabnam, Compassion East India, sponsored 8/11/13.  1 letter received
  • Jorge, Compassion Ecuador, correspondence sponsored 9/13/13. 1 letter received
  • Kamakshi, Compassion India, correspondence sponsored 9/16/13.  0 letters received
  • Vincent, Compassion Togo, sponsored 9/27/13.  1 letter received
  • Yeferson, Compassion Guatemala, sponsored 12/25/13.  0 letters received
I didn't include the 3 correspondence kids I received in January, because they are so new.

Now, for my 3 World Vision kids.
  • Alphonsine, World Vision  Rwanda, sponsored since 8/22/13.  3 letters received, plus a Christmas card
  • Willy, World Vision Rwanda, sponsored since 8/23/13.  5 letters received, plus a Christmas card
  • Marine, World Vision DR Congo, sponsored since 11/7/13.  2 letters received, plus a Christmas card

And, lastly, my child from Plant-a-book.
  • Elizabeth, Plant-a-book Kenya, sponsored since 11/29/13.  1 letter received

So,unless letters arrive in mid-February, I will be putting in an inquiry on 2 of my Compassion kids who I haven't received letters from since the end of August (and those were the pre-written letters written before the child even had a sponsor).  Hopefully, letters will arrive before then.  For Archita, my little one from East India through Compassion, her letter was written when she was 4 years old, and she will be 6 years old in 2 months.  
The lack of correspondence from Compassion is disheartening.  They are a great organization, and have many good points, but I find their correspondence lacking.  A great way to lose enthusiastic sponsors is to have them sponsor a child and only get 2 letters in a year.  Quite honestly, if Compassion did not have those fabulous group sponsor tours, I don't know that I would sponsor anymore children through them.  If World vision started offering sponsor tours to American sponsors, I don't know that I'd sponsor anymore through Compassion.  It's sad, because I really and truly trust Compassion as an organization, and I think they do fantastic work.  But I am a sponsor who needs letters.  I don't think that 6 letters/year is too much to ask of project where children are sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment